Chittagong hill tracts are the best place for the hiking tour where’s the home of thirteen ethnic people group and the mystery of green hills. The famous Sangu river and the largest human-made Kaptai Lake are the places to make unforgotten cruises. Bandarban and Rangamati are two districts to explore the tribal inhabitation. Each tribe has its distinctive rites, rituals, dress and own language and cultural patterns. A lot to see in Bandarban & Rangamati offer you to visit tribal villages to know people lifestyle & weaving methods, tribal floating market & bazaars, rivers & lakes, waterfalls, temples, King palaces and the scenic beauty of different hills. Along with these, visit the largest ship-breaking yard in Chittagong. This is one of the best trips in Bangladesh for a unique experience through a magical landscape.
4 Nights / 5 Days
Chittagong, Bandrban & Rangamati
- Shipbreaking yard.
- Catholic church
- World war 2 cemetery
- Shrine of Bayezid Bostami
- Fishing waterfront
- Hanging bridge
- Kaptai lake
- Rajban Vihar & Chakma King House
- Shuvolong waterfall
- Bonorupa floating market
- Tribal villages & bazaars
- Tribal weaving factory
- Golden temple
- Nilachal, Chimbuk & Nilgiri hill points.
- Tribal villages & bazaar
- Tribal Weaving Village
Tour Available :
Round the year.
Best time to go:
April to August (Rainy Season)
- Hike on hill tracts in Rangamati & Bandarban.
- Meet 13 indigenous communities exist in Chittagong division.
- Explore the tribal villages, weaving factories & tribal bazaar in Rangamati and Bandarban including Tripura, Bawm, Marma & Murong villages.
- Visit ship-breaking yard, Catholic church & World War 2 cemetery in Chittagong City.
- Enjoy the boat cruise on Kaptai Lake in Rangamati.
- Visit the biggest tribal floating market Bonorupa in Rangamati.
- Visit iconic Hanging bridge, Rajban Vihar & Chakma King house in Rangamati.
- Visit Nilachal, Chimbuk & Nilgiri hill points in Bandarban, and enjoy the view of the hilly territory.
- Spend some relax time at Shailaprapat in Bandarban and Shuvolong waterfall in Rangamati.
Next Scheduled Tour:
- Last week of January 2020
- 1st week of February 2020
- Last week of February 2020
- 1st week of April 2020
Day 1 : Train journey from Dhaka & Chittagong
- Start from Dhaka Kamalapur Railway Station early in the morning at 7:00 am by train (Sonar Bangla Express).
- Around 1:00 pm, arrive at Chittagong railway station and after have lunch at a restaurant.
- Check into the hotel and after visit Shrine of Bayezid Bostami, World War 2 cemetery, Fishing waterfront, and the famous Catholic Church.
- In the evening go back to the hotel and halt for the night stay.
- Enjoy dinner at a restaurant with traditional foods.
Day 2 : Chittagong & Rangamati: Ship breaking yard, Tribal zone & Hanging Bridge
- After having breakfast, visit Ship-breaking yard by boat in Kumira, 30 minutes driving distances from the city.
- Drive to Rangamati by A/C car and have lunch at Bonorupa, Rangamati on arrival.
- Check into the hotel and have rest for a while.
- In the afternoon, visit the Tribal Market & Iconic Hanging Bridge before sunset.
- Have dinner at a restaurant and overnight stay in Rangamati.
Day 3 : Rangamati: Kaptai Lake, Floating Market, King House, Waterfall & Villages
- After having breakfast, cruise on Kaptai Lake-the largest manmade lake in Bangladesh by local reserved boats.
- Visit Bonorupa Floating market largest bazaar in the tribal region and experience tribal marketing.
- Visit Rajban Vihar & Chakma King house and have lunch on lakeside tribal restaurant.
- After, visit Shuvolong Waterfall and walk through the tribal villages, bazaar and know their lifestyle.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel in Rangamati.
Day 4 : Rangamati & Bandarban: Weaving village, Nilachal & Golden Temple
- After having breakfast, start your drive to Bandarban.
- On the way, visit Golden Temple and enjoy lunch at a local tribal restaurant.
- After, check into the resort and get ready for a small hiking.
- Visit Hatiabandha Tripura Village, the only place where Tripura indigenous people live. Hike in the village down the hill and be free with them to know the lifestyle.
- Enjoy the sunset and scenic beauty of hills at Nilachal.
Day 5 : Bandarban: Chimbuk, Nilgiri, Bawm Village & Shailaprapat.
- After breakfast drive to Chimbuk & Nilgiri by Tuk Tuk and enjoy the landscape standing over the hill point.
- Visit Shailaprapat on the way and walk around through the Faruk para Bawm Village for a while and start driving toward Chittagong. Have your lunch at a restaurant on the way.
- In the evening, fly to Dhaka from Chittagong airport by Air.
- Coming back to the city, have your lunch at a restaurant and drive toward Chittagong.
- In the evening, fly to Dhaka from Chittagong airport by Air.
- Go back to your place/hotel in Dhaka and end your tour with the wonderful memories, experiences and enjoyable tour. (You can fly to your place from the Dhaka airport on this day by your plan.)
Price for the tour (Per Person)
- Airport/hotel pickup & drop.
- All accommodations in 3-star hotels or resorts on a twin share basis. (single supplement available)
- All transportation like the air-conditioned car, land cruiser, Tuk-tuk mentioned in the itinerary.
- All meals at the local & tribal restaurant with quality food and mineral water for drinking.
- Train ticket & air ticket for Dhaka-Chittagong-Dhaka.
- Boat rides on the in Rangamati & Bandarban.
- All permissions (police escorts if necessary), entry fees and tax for the entire trip.
- English-speaking guide for the entire trip and a local guide from Ruma Bazar.
- Personal expenses.
- Timing and assembling for the places are flexible; We could change it because of traffic or timing during the tour.
- Bengali local food is spicy. Plain rice, vegetables, fish & meat are available in restaurants. Biriyani & Khichuri made of rice, lentil, meat, and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka also available in other cities. (Non-spicy food is possible to order in some restaurants if you like.)
- There is no A/C or standard hotel in Ruma Bazar, Bandarban.
- Floating bazaar held two times in a week on Saturday & Wednesday in Rangamati and Monday & Thursday in Ruma Bazar, Bandarban.
- There are many police and army checkpoints in Bandarban & Rangamati. Stop for the data entry and show the passports (if needed) for security. They will help you for the entire trip.