Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh since 1608 beside Buriganga River. Formerly known as Dacca, it’s a center for trade and culture, with a long history as a seat of government. This is one of the largest and most densely populated cities in the world, with a population of 18.89 million people in the greater Dhaka area, the largest city in Eastern South Asia, and among the Bay of Bengal countries. It’s a very appropriate station for the Photographers to capture noisy streets, the people, and the bazaars. If you love to do portrait photography, you will find thousands of frames to shoot. On this whole day tour, we’ll cover by car, local transport, Rickshaw, and on walking. Mostly in old Dhaka, we’ll cover the part of old and new Dhaka both.
Full day (8 hours)
Dhaka (Old & New)
- Kawranbazar vegetable market
- Railway station
- Sadarghat Launch Terminal
- Chawk Bazaar
- Shakhari Bazaar Street
- Islampur Cloth Market
- Roadside Shops
- Lalbagh Fort
Tour Available :
Round the year.
Best time to go:
Round the year.
- Capture the streets and bazaars.
- Capture the largest river port of Bangladesh, Sadarghat.
- Visit Lalbagh Fort, a Mughal incomplete architecture in Bangladesh.
- Feel the noisy urban space.
- Capture various portraits with the different culture.
- Visit Railway and Bus stations.
- Enjoy a rickshaw ride on the narrow street.
- Taste the food in the local restaurants and street food corner.
Day 1 : Dhaka Photography Tour
- Around 7:00, Starting of the tour from your hotel or residence. Our responsible guide will pick you up with the car and start toward for Kawranbazar Vegetable Market. Have some time in the biggest bazaar of Dhaka.
- Breakfast at a local restaurant and after, go to Tejgaon Railway Station and capture the people on train arrival and the biggest poultry market beside the station.
- Photography to the narrow street of Shakhari Bazar street area, capture the craziest road and the people.
- Photography to Chawk Bazaar-the largest wholesale market in the city. You will get anything you need there. This is the place of wholesaler of street shops.
- Lunch at a local restaurant and we’ll go to Islampur Market-the largest clothing market in the country.
- Visit Lalbagh Fort, a key attraction for the tourist. It’s an incomplete construction of the Mughal period in the 17th century started by Subahdar Muhammad Azam Shah.
- Photography to Sadarghat River Port-the biggest launch terminal of the country. Capture the floating people and the trading boats and enjoy a small boat ride to get better clicks. And definitely, capture the sunset on the river.
- Setting down the sun, move to your place with the experience of the craziest city with lots of photos.
Price for the tour (Per Person)
- Air-conditioned car and driver for the whole day.
- English-speaking guide.
- Lunch on local restaurant with quality food.
- A Rickshaw and the small boat ride.
- One bottle of mineral water.
- All entrance fees during the trip.
- Personal expenses.
- Food not mentioned above.
- Timing and assembling for the places are flexible; we could change it because of traffic during the tour.
- Especially for the photographers.
- The tour will be covered by walking mostly, so be prepared and get your camera on hand.
- There could be incredible traffic in Dhaka. Sometimes you have to wait for a long time without even moving in every block of the road.
- Rickshaw ride is possible for the small groups between 6 persons.
- Friendly toilets are not available everywhere. You will find toilets in the restaurants.
- Bengali local food is spicy. Biriyani & Khichuri made of Rice, lentil, meat and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka.
- If you want to shoot the mosque, it requires modest clothes to visit inside of any mosque. It does not allow shorts for the purpose and especially, women have to cover the hair and arms with the cloths.
- Tour is not available on Friday, Saturday, and the government holidays. Because there are not so much interesting activities in those days.