Chittagong hill tracts are the best place for the hiking tour where’s the home of thirteen ethnic people group and the mystery of green hills. The famous Sangu river and the largest human-made Kaptai Lake are the places to make unforgotten cruises. Bandarban and Rangamati are two districts to explore the tribal inhabitation. Each tribe has its distinctive rites, rituals, dress and own language and cultural patterns. A lot to see in Bandarban & Rangamati offer you to visit tribal villages to know people lifestyle & weaving methods, tribal floating market & bazaars, rivers & lakes, waterfalls, temples, King palaces and the scenic beauty of different hills. Along with these, visit the largest ship-breaking yard in Chittagong. This is one of the best trips in Bangladesh for a unique experience through a magical landscape.
8 Nights / 9 Days
Chittagong, Bandrban, Rangamati & Dhaka.
- Ship-breaking yard.
- Catholic church
- World war 2 cemetery
- Shrine of Bayezid Bostami
- Fishing waterfront
- Hanging bridge
- Kaptai lake
- Rajban Vihar & Chakma King House
- Shuvolong waterfall
- Bonorupa floating market
- Tribal villages & bazaars
- Tribal weaving factory
- Golden temple
- Sangu river
- Boga Lake
- Nilachal, Chimbuk & Nilgiri hill points.
- Rijuk waterfall
- Ruma bazar
- Tribal villages & bazaar
- Tribal Weaving Village
Tour Available :
Round the year.
Best time to go:
October to March
- Hike on hill tracts in Rangamati & Bandarban.
- Meet 13 indigenous communities exist in Chittagong division.
- Explore the tribal villages, weaving factories & tribal bazaar in Rangamati and Bandarban including Tripura, Bawm, Marma & Murong villages.
- Visit ship-breaking yard, Catholic church & World War 2 cemetery in Chittagong City.
- Enjoy the boat cruise on Kaptai Lake in Rangamati & Sangu River in Bandarban.
- Visit the biggest tribal floating market Bonorupa in Rangamati.
- Visit iconic Hanging bridge, Rajban Vihar & Chakma King house in Rangamati.
- Visit beautiful Boga Lake, also known as the famous Dragon Lake.
- Visit Nilachal, Chmbuk & Nilgiri hill points in Bandarban, and enjoy the view of the hilly territory.
- Spend some relax time at Chingri Waterfall, Rijuk Waterfall & Shailaprapat in Bandarban and Shuvolong waterfall in Rangamati.
- Spend time in Ruma Bazaar and meet the tribal communities and the bazaar.
- Visit Dhaka City on the last day and experience the noisy urban space.
Day 1 : Train journey from Dhaka & Chittagong
- Start from Dhaka Kamalapur Railway Station early in the morning at 7:00 am by train (Sonar Bangla Express).
- Around 1:00 pm, arrive at Chittagong railway station and after lunch at a restaurant.
- Check into the hotel and after visit Shrine of Bayezid Bostami, World War 2 cemetery, Fishing waterfront, and the famous Catholic Church.
- In the evening go back to the hotel and halt for the night stay.
- Enjoy dinner at a restaurant with traditional foods.
Day 2 : Chittagong & Rangamati: Ship Breaking Yard, Tribal zone & Hanging Bridge
- After having breakfast, visit Ship-breaking yard by boat in Kumira, 30 minutes driving distances from the city.
- Drive to Rangamati by A/C car and have lunch at Bonorupa, Rangamati on arrival.
- Check into the hotel and have the rest for a while.
- In the afternoon, visit the Tribal Market & Iconic Hanging Bridge before sunset.
- Have dinner at a restaurant and the overnight stay in Rangamati.
Day 3 : Rangamati: Kaptai Lake, Floating Market, King House, Waterfall & Villages
- After having breakfast, cruise on Kaptai Lake-the largest manmade lake in Bangladesh by local reserved boats.
- Visit Bonorupa Floating market largest bazaar in the tribal region and experience tribal marketing.
- Visit Rajban Vihar & Chakma King house and have lunch on lakeside tribal restaurant.
- After, visit Shuvolong Waterfall and walk through the tribal villages, bazaar and know their lifestyle.
- Dinner and the overnight stay at the hotel in Rangamati.
Day 4 : Rangamati & Bandarban: Weaving Village & golden Temple
- Complete your breakfast and walk around tribal Weaving Village and know their weaving method and cultures.
- Visit Asham Bosti tribal area and start your drive to Bandarban.
- On the way, visit Golden Temple in Bandarban and enjoy lunch at a local tribal restaurant.
- Check in to the resort and explore the nearest bazaars, the small temples & the small city.
- In the evening, back to the resort and enjoy your time.
- Dinner and the overnight stay in Bandarban.
Day 5 : Bandarban: Chimbuk, Nilgiri, Hatiabandha Tripura Village & Nilachal
- After breakfast drive to Chimbuk & Nilgiri by Tuk Tuk and enjoy the landscape standing over the hill point.
- Coming back to the city, have your lunch at a restaurant and make yourself ready for small hiking.
- Visit Hatiabandha Tripura Village, the only place where Tripura indigenous people live. hike through the village and observe their weaving techniques.
- After, enjoy the sunset and scenic beauty of Nilachal.
- Come back to the resort and halt for the night stay and dinner.
Day 6 : Bandarban: Ruma Bazaar, Sangu River & Rijuk Waterfall.
- Having an early breakfast, drive to Ruma Bazar and check into the local hotel (only hotel).
- Have lunch on tribal restaurant and be ready for the cruise on Sangu River.
- Cruising by country boat, stop at Rijuk Waterfall and spend some time walking through Bawm & Marma Village.
- In the evening, come back to Ruma bazaar and complete your dinner at a tribal restaurant and the overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7 : Bandarban: Boga Lake, Chingri waterfall & Ruma bazar
- Early in the morning, complete breakfast and experience the Bazaar where the tribal people come to buy and sell things from far away. (Monday & Thursday)
- Drive to Boga Lake by Land cruiser car and visit the beauty of nature. There is a saying, this lake made by dragons thousands of years ago.
- Visit Chingri Waterfall, Tribal Village and have lunch on a local tribal restaurant.
- After, drive back to Ruma Bazar and go to the hotel for the refreshment.
- Enjoy the last day's evening, dinner, and the overnight stay at Ruma Bazar.
Day 8 : Bandarban & Dhaka: Shailaprapat & Bawm Village.
- Early in the morning, drive to the way of Bandarban and visit Shailaprapat on the way.
- Walk around through the Faruk para Bawm Village for a while and start driving toward Chittagong. Have your lunch at a restaurant on the way.
- In the evening, fly to Dhaka from Chittagong airport by air.
- Go for the hotel in Dhaka after dinner and halt for the night stay.
Day 9 : Dhaka City
- Around 8:00 am-8:30 am, start the tour from your hotel or residence. Our responsible guide will pick you up with the car and start toward for Kawranbazar Vegetable Market. Spend some time in the biggest bazaar of Dhaka.
- After, visit the outside view of the National Assembly (Parliament Building), the largest legislative complex in the world designed by famous American architect Louis Kahn.
- Visit Curzon hall, a British era building named by Lord Karzan. At present, it’s a Science Faculty under the University of Dhaka.
- Visit Dhakeswari Temple, the national Hindu temple of Bangladesh built by Ballal Sen in the 12th century.
- Visit Star Mosque, a 19th-century monument built by a Muslim pious Mirza Golam Pir and Armenian Church at Armenitola, a testimony to the significant Armenian Community in the region in 18th & 19th century.
- Enjoy a rickshaw ride to the local restaurant to have your lunch and after, go for the Lalbagh Fort, a key attraction for the tourist. It’s an incomplete construction of the Mughal period in the 17th century started by Subahdar Muhammad Azam Shah.
- Visit the famous Ahsan Manzil also known as Pink Palace located in Sadarghat. It was the official residential palace of Nowab’s in Dacca in 19th century.
- Go to Sadarghat River Port by walking 5 min (or by the car) on a busy street and enjoy the floating people, trading boats and the environment.
- Coming back from old Dhaka, visit National Museum and Liberation War Museum if you have time before sunset down.
- In the evening, transfer to the airport and fly to your place with the wonderful memories and experiences an enjoyable tour in beautiful Bangladesh.
- Airport/hotel pickup & drop.
- All accommodations in 3-star hotels or resorts on a twin share basis. (single supplement available)
- All transportation like the air-conditioned car, land cruiser, Tuk-tuk mentioned in the itinerary.
- All meals at the local & tribal restaurant with quality food and mineral water for drinking.
- Train ticket & air ticket for Dhaka-Chittagong-Dhaka.
- Boat rides on the in Rangamati & Bandarban.
- All permissions (police escorts if necessary), entry fees and tax for the entire trip.
- English-speaking guide for the entire trip and a local guide from Ruma Bazar.
- Personal expenses.
- Food not mentioned above.
- Timing and assembling for the places are flexible; We could change it because of traffic or timing during the tour.
- Bengali local food is spicy. Plain rice, vegetables, fish & meat are available in restaurants. Biriyani & Khichuri made of rice, lentil, meat, and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka also available in other cities. (Non-spicy food is possible to order in some restaurants if you like.)
- There is no A/C or standard hotel in Ruma Bazar, Bandarban.
- Floating bazaar held two times in a week on Saturday & Wednesday in Rangamati and Monday & Thursday in Ruma Bazar, Bandarban.
- There are many police and army checkpoints in Bandarban & Rangamati. Stop for the data entry and show the passports (if needed) for security. They will help you for the entire trip.