Otter fishing in Bangladesh is a centuries-old practice, blending tradition, ecology, and ingenuity. Fishermen use trained otters as skilled partners, employing them to herd fish into nets. This unique method is a testament to the symbiotic relationship between humans and animals, showcasing an eco-friendly approach to fishing. The trained otters not only contribute to sustainable practices but also highlight the cultural richness of Bangladesh’s fishing communities. This ancient technique exemplifies a harmonious coexistence with nature, reflecting a time-honored bond that persists in the face of modern challenges, making it a fascinating and enduring aspect of Bangladesh’s cultural heritage. There are many fishermen in different districts using this method. But it is popular in Narail under the Khulna Division. This tour starts and ends at Dhaka covering the UNESCO World Heritage Site ‘Sixty domed mosque’ in Bagerhat. On the last day, will go fishing with otters.
- Otter Fishing
- Sixty Dome Mosque
- Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali
- Experience traditional fishing with otters.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sixty Dome Mosque in Bagerhat.
- Visit the Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali, the builder of the Sixty Dome Mosque.
- Around 7:00 am-8:00 am, start the tour from your hotel or residence. Our responsible guide will pick you up in the car. Today, we will drive directly to Bagerhat district under Khulna. On the way, we will pass the Padma Bridge.
- In 4-5 hours, reach Bagerhat to visit the historical Sixty Dome Mosque which is one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites in Bangladesh. Visit the Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali, who built more than a dozen mosques in Bagerhat including the Sixty Dome Mosque along with Singair Mosque.
- We will drive towards Narail in the afternoon. Overnight stay in a homestay-type resort.
- Today, we will drive for less than 30 min to reach our fishing point. Our cruise will start immediately. Enjoy fishing with otters and learn the techniques. Visit the village and meet people.
- After, we will drive back to Dhaka to finish an enjoyable trip.
Price for the tour (Per Person)
- All Accommodation in hotels or resorts on a twin share basis. (Single supplements is available)
- All transportation like Air-conditioned cars, boat rides, and other vehicles are mentioned in the itinerary.
- All meals at local standard restaurants and mineral water for drinking.
- English-speaking accompanied guide for the entire trip.
- All entrance fees during the trip.
- Drinks both hard and soft.
- Personal expenses.
- Timing and assembling for the places are flexible; we could change them because of traffic or timing during the tour. But we will cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bengali local food is spicy. Plain rice, vegetables, fish & meat are available in restaurants. Biriyani & Khichuri made of Rice, lentils, meat, and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka also available in other cities. (Non-spicy food is possible to order at most of the restaurants if you like.)
- It requires modest clothes to visit any mosque. It does not allow shorts for the purpose, and especially, women have to cover their hair and arms with clothes.
- The dress of shorts is not a problem in the Sundarbans area.
- Ahsan Manzil is closed on Thursday and opens Fridays after 3:00 pm. Lalbagh Fort is closed on Sundays and open on Mondays after 2:00 pm. Ahsan Manzil and Lalbagh Fort are also closed on government holidays. But you can have an outside view of these places.
- Old Rocket Steamer is out of service but modern rocket ships are available on the same route.
The best time to visit Bangladesh depends on your preferences and the type of experience you’re seeking. Bangladesh has a tropical monsoon climate with distinct wet and dry seasons. October to March is generally considered the best time to visit Bangladesh. The weather is cool and dry, making it comfortable for travel and outdoor activities. It’s an excellent time to explore cultural and historical sites, as well as natural attractions.
We are very sincere in making each of your trips special. Sundarbans is a place where you should be very careful to get it’s best. Get the idea by following the information.
Forest friendly Itinerary:
- Our itinerary is made by experiences of 30 years. There are many things you should follow like tide, time, wildlife timing & silence.
- Explore lesser-known areas of the Sundarbans to have a more unique and less crowded experience.
- There are many tourist boats & ships in the forest. We seek an empty spot in our activities.
- Participate in specialized activities such as bird watching, canal cruises, or guided nature walks to enhance your experience.
- Consider exploring the Sundarbans from a different perspective, such as a silent boat trip through the creeks.
- Our boats are eco-friendly and silent at night. We follow responsible tourism options to minimize your impact on the environment and support sustainable practices.
Small Private Group:
- Our group is private and smaller to experience the best of Sundarbans.
The experience of decades in inbound travel with honesty is our capital. Apart from that, our hospitality and care are priceless you get. We always believe that you are on holiday and it’s our job to make your days memorable. Our realistic and comfortable travel plan is prior to serving you at a reasonable price.
Yes. VOA is available at international airports. The citizens of All European Countries, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait & Oman can get Visa on Arrival (VOA) for the official duty, business, investment and tourism regardless of the Bangladeshi mission status. Check eligibility, requirements, fees, duration & all other information from our website link.
You must get permission to visit Chittagong Hill Tracts and it’s included in our package. Separate permission is required for Rangamati and Bandarban. We are an authorized company and you must not worry about that.
Our Package includes complimentary breakfast at the hotels and lunch-dinner at good-quality restaurants. Bengali local food is spicy. Plain rice, vegetables, fish & meat are available in restaurants. Biriyani & Khichuri made of Rice, lentils, meat, and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka also available in other cities. Non-spicy food is possible to order at most of the restaurants if you like. In Sundarbans, we have a special chef to make your food. We offer food for vegetarians. But there are limitations of items at some restaurants in remote areas.
If you want to exclude food, that’s fine. We will take you to the best restaurants.