Otter fishing is a famous and typical method of fishing using Bangladesh for a very long time. There are many fishermen in the different districts using this old method are popular in Narail under Khulna Division. This tour starts and ends at the Dhaka Sadarghat launch terminal. We reserve a fishing boat with otters and go to the river for fishing. Including the fishing, visit all historical & popular places in Dhaka and enjoy famous Rocket Paddle Steamer journey. we’ll cover the UNESCO World Heritage Site ‘Sixty domed mosque’ and the Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali and the Nine domed Mosque in Bagerhat and will go for the fishing by otters at Narail to have an enjoyable trip.
3 Nights / 3 Days
Dhaka, Bagerhat, Khulna & Narail
- Otter Fishing
- New & old Dhaka
- Cruise by Rocket Peddle Steamer
- Sixty Dome Mosque
- Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali
- Nine Domes Mosque
Tour Available :
Round the year.
Best time to go:
Round the year.
- Enjoy fishing with otter in Narail, Khulna.
- Visit historical places in new and old Dhaka.
- Enjoy the journey by over 150 years old Rocket Paddle Steamer.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sixty Dome Mosque & Nine Dome Mosque in Bagerhat.
- Visit the Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali, the builder of the Sixty Dome Mosque.
Day 1 : Dhaka City & Rocket Steamer Journey
- Around 8:00 am, start from your hotel or residence for good timing. Our responsible guide will pick you up with the car and start toward for Kawranbazar Vegetable Market. Have some time in the biggest bazaar of Dhaka.
- After, visit the outside view of the National Assembly (Parliament Building), the largest legislative complex in the world designed by famous American architect Louis Kahn.
- Visit Karzan hall, a British era building named by Lord Karzan. At present, it’s a Science Faculty under the University of Dhaka.
- Visit Dhakeswari Temple, the national Hindu temple of Bangladesh built by Ballal Sen in the 12th century.
- Visit Star Mosque, a 19th-century monument built by a Muslim pious Mirza Golam Pir.
- Before having lunch, visit the Armenian Church at Armanitola, a testimony to the significant Armenian Community in the region in the 18th & 19th centuries.
- Enjoy a rickshaw ride to the local restaurant to have your lunch and after, go to the Lalbagh Fort, a key attraction for the tourist. It’s an incomplete construction of the Mughal period in the 17th century started by Subahdar Muhammad Azam Shah.
- Visit the famous Ahsan Manzil, also known as Pink Palace in Sadarghat. It was the official residence palace of Nawab’s in Dacca in the nineteenth century.
- Go Sadarghat River Port by walking 5 min (or by the car) on the busy street and enjoying the floating people, trading boats and the environment. Spend time before reporting at Rocket Steamer.
- In the afternoon at 18:30 hrs. The famous paddle-wheel steamer will start the journey toward Barisal. Enjoy whole night journey by Rocket Steamer. Dinner & night stay at Rocket Steamer with A/C 1stclass sharing cabin accommodation.
Day 2 : Sixty Domes Mosque, Shrine of Khan Zahan Ali, Nine Domes Mosque & Kodla Math
- After a full night of cruising, Rocket will arrive at Hularhat at 9hrs-10 hrs in the morning. Have your breakfast and enjoy the river cruise by Rocket Steamer before arrival at Hularhat.
- Upon arrival, drive to Bagerhat by A/C reserved car for less than an hour.
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage Sixty Dome Mosque in Bagerhat, the largest Sultanate monument in the country and the most impressive Muslim monuments in the subcontinent.
- Visit the Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali, the builder of Sixty Dome Mosque and other dozen mosques in Bagerhat range.
- Visit Nine dome mosque & Kodla Math and go for lunch.
- Having lunch, drive to Khulna by A/C Car for the night halt. Dinner and the overnight stay in a hotel at Khulna.
Day 3 : Otter Fishing
- Early in the morning after having breakfast drive to Beger Danga Kheya Ghat by reserved a car. After crossing river drive to the otter fishermen village in Narail by
- Enjoy fishing with otters and learn the techniques.
- Coming back to Beger Danga Kheya Ghat, where is waiting for our car for us. Drive to Barisal.
- We’ll take the rocket steamer/ship/boat in the evening from Barisal back to Dhaka after the whole night river cruise.
Day 4 : Dhaka
- Early in the morning arrive at Dhaka Sadarghat launch Terminal and go back to your hotel or airport with the experience of an enjoyable tour
Price for the tour (Per Person)
- Airport/Hotel pickup & drops.
- Cruise by Rocket Paddle steamer.
- Rocket accommodation on twin sharing basis on A/C 1st Class cabin.
- Accommodation in a hotel on a twin sharing basis in Khulna.
- Air-conditioned car transfer.
- All meals during the trip.
- All entry fees during the trip.
- Rickshaw ride in old Dhaka.
- Motorbike ride in Narail.
- Drinks both hard and soft.
- Personal expenses.
- Timing and assembling for the places are flexible; We could change it because of traffic and the changes of market days. Market days change in different locations in a week.
- There could be incredible traffic in Dhaka. Sometimes you have to wait for a long time without even moving in every block of the road.
- Food mentioned in the itinerary at local restaurants.
- Bengali local food is spicy. Biriyani & Khichuri made of rice, lentil, meat and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka and available at other cities. (Non-spicy food also possible to order at most of the restaurants).
- It requires modest clothes to visit any mosque. They do not allow shorts for the purpose, and especially, women have to cover the hair and arms with the clothes.
- Rickshaw ride is possible for the small groups between 6 persons.
- Ahsan Manzil is closed on Thursday and opens Fridays after 3:00 pm. Lalbagh Fort is closed on Sundays and open on Mondays after 2:00 pm. Ahsan Manzil and Lalbagh Fort are also closed on government holidays. But you can have the outside view of these places.
- Rocket steamer is not available on Friday. It is closed for Friday for the regular holiday.