The Sundarbans mangrove forest is one of the most extensive single such forests in the world (140,000 ha). It lies on the delta of the Bay’s Ganges, Brahmaputra, and Meghna rivers of Bengal. It is adjacent to the border of India’s Sundarbans World Heritage site inscribed in 1987. The site is intersected by a complex network of tidal waterways, mudflats, and small islands of salt-tolerant mangroves. It presents an excellent example of ongoing ecological processes. The area is known for its wide range of fauna, including 260 bird species, the man-eating Bengal tiger, and other threatened species such as the estuarine crocodile and the Indian python.
This tour starts from Dhaka with the modern Rocket Ship. It covers Sixty domed mosques, Khan Jahan Ali shrine at Bagerhat and Harbaria, Kotka & Kochikhali wildlife sanctuary, and many more activities in Sundarbans.
4 Nights / 5 Days
Sundarbans, Bagerhat & Mongla
- Rocket Ship Cruise
- Sixty Dome Mosque
- Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali
- Harbaria Eco-Tourism Center
- Kotka Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kochikhali Wildlife Sanctuary
- Jamtola Sea Beach
- Fishing Village
Tour Available :
Round the year.
Best time to go:
October to March
- UNESCO Heritages: Visit two world heritages, Sundarbans and Sixty Dome Mosque in a single trip.
- River Cruise: Enjoy an overnight ship journey to Bagerhat.
- Magical Forest: The silence of the forest will blow your mind. The tides & moonlight make it more interesting. It's a kind of meditation anyway.
- Wildlife Hunting: Spot wildlife from the boat. walk through the forest and small canal to watch a closer view. Our expeditions to the wildlife sanctuaries are pretty interesting to make happen. Spotting wildlife from the watchtower is a typical way but interesting.
- Adventure Cruise: The whole trip is an adventure. It's the fear of man-eating Tigers. Country boat rides through the creeks and deep forest walking are thrilling.
- Deep Forest Walking: Walk into the forest with the armed guard and feel the variety of forests.
- Bay of Bengal: Enjoy the view of the Bay of Bengal at Jamtola sea beach and Kotka. Sunset & Sunrising at Kotka makes you charmed when you feel the silence.
- Fishing Village: Live fishing on the river, fishermen's village & lifestyle are the things you can experience. Especially, shrimp & crab firms are noticeable.
Next Scheduled Tour:
- 2-6 November 2022 (Available to book)
- 23-27 November 2022 (Available to book)
- 21-25 December 2022 (Available to book)
- 10-14 January 2023 (Available to book)
- 8-12 February 2023 (Available to book)
Day 1 : Dhaka City and Overnight Ship Journey
- Around 8:00 am-8:30 am, start the tour from your hotel or residence. Our responsible guide will pick you up in the car. Start with Kawranbazar Vegetable Market, the biggest bazaar in Dhaka. Visit the outside view of the National Assembly (Parliament Building), the largest legislative complex in the world designed by famous American architect Louis Kahn.
- Visit Curzon hall, Dhakeswari Temple, the national Hindu temple of Bangladesh built by Ballal Sen in the 12th century.
- Head to Lalbagh Fort, a key attraction for tourists. It’s an incomplete construction of the Mughal period in the 17th century started by Subahdar Muhammad Azam Shah. Visit Star Mosque, Armenian Church at Armanitola, and have your lunch.
- After, we will visit the famous Ahsan Manzil also known as Pink Palace in Sadarghat. It was the official residential palace of Nawab in Dacca in the 19th century. We will go to Sadarghat River Port by walking for 5 min (or by car) on a busy street. Experience the floating people and trading boats in the iconic Buriganga River.
- We will accommodate ourselves at the Rocket Ship. It will start the cruise at 18:30 hrs onward to Hularhat under Bagerhat.
- Dinner & Night stay at the ship.
Day 2 : Historic Mosque city of Bagerhat & Mongla
- After a full night of cruising, the ship will arrive at Hularhat around 10:00 am. The sunrise and the beauty of rural Barishal are amazing in the morning.
- Upon arrival, we will drive to Bagerhat to visit the historical Sixty Dome Mosque which is one of the UNESCO world heritage sites in Bangladesh. Visit the Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali, who built more than a dozen mosques in Bagerhat including the Sixty Dome Mosque. Nine Dome Mosque, Singair Mosque, and Kodla Mauth are also on our bucket list.
- We will check into the hotel Pashur in Mongla. Have lunch and rest for a while or visit the nearby river ghat and the bazaars.
- Dinner and the overnight stay at Mongla.
Day 3 : Sundarbans National Forest.
- Early in the morning, our Sundarbans journey will start. Get your accommodation and breakfast on the boat.
- After the journey of two hours, the boat will stop at the Chadpai forest office to complete the formalities and to pick up an armed forest guard for security.
- We’ll cruise to visit Harbaria eco-center, a popular spot for Sundarbans. It 30 minutes of walking through the sanctuary.
- We will cruise again through the deep forest. Experience the silence of the largest mangrove. In the evening, we’ll anchor our boat near the Kochikhali Forest office. If time permits, we will make a small boat cruise through the canals.
- Overnight stay in Kochikhali.
Day 4 : Kochikhali & Kotka Wildlife Sanctuaries, Sea Beach and deep forest walking.
- Today is our biggest day on the Sundarbans. Very early in the morning, we will start with a boat trip through the small creeks. The best time for making a boat trip is very early morning. At a point, we’ll get off the small boat for a long walk into the forest office area.
- We will cruise for Kotka. It takes 2 hours to reach Kotka station. On this journey, you’ll see wildlife including deers, crocodiles, birds, otters, and Bengal monitors.
- We need an hour of walking to visit Jamtola Sea beach. This is an adventurous journey through the deep forest. It's the Bay of Bengal where is our destination.
- After lunch, visit the Kotka wildlife sanctuary area. This is the major point to see the group of deers. We will take enough time to explore the sanctuary and enjoy the sunset on the beach.
- Then, we’ll start the journey back. We will anchor the boat at the middle point of Sundarban in Chadpai/Jaimoni. Enjoy B-B-Q Dinner on the boat and make the day fulfilled.
Day 5 : Fishing Village & Fly to Dhaka.
- Early in the morning, we will make a small boat trip through the small creeks.
- We will visit a fishing village today. The village also produces a lot of Shimp firms. Meet people to know their lifestyle. Spend an enjoyable moment with happy children.
- After lunch, make yourself ready to depart from the boat. We will start the car journey to Jessore Airport.
- Fly Dhaka and finish the tour. The experience of the mangrove forest is memorable. Mostly the refreshment of the tour is remarkable.
Price for the tour (Per Person)
- All accommodations, transportation, meals, and permissions during the trip.
- Accommodation on a twin-sharing basis on Sundarbans boat and 3 stars hotel.
- 1st Class Cabin on Rocket ship on a twin-sharing basis.
- Jessore to Dhaka air ticket
- A/C car transfer per itinerary.
- All entry fees during the trip.
- Forest fees (BDT. 10,500), Permissions & armed forest guard from the forest department
- Mineral water for drinking, Snacks two times a day, and 24X7 Coffee/tea on Sundarbans Boat.
- An accompanying English-speaking guide.
- Drinks both hard and soft.
- Personal expenses.
- The itinerary could be changed because of tides, daylight hours, moon phase, and weather. But we'll cover all the mentioned places as per the itinerary.
- Old Rocket Steamer is out of service but modern rocket ships are available on the same route.
- The small boats are best for the Sundarban cruise. We organize a private basis tour with the accommodation of 4-10 people with a reserved boat. The room size is quite smaller, no running hot water, electricity is supplied by the battery, and a small generator to charge up the electrical devices. But it’s comfortable to spend days with the facilities.
- We make the food on the boat by the experienced chef during the trip.
- The quantity of mosquitoes is more sometimes. You must carry the mosquito repellent for the trip.
- No phone signal works inside the deeper forest. But at some point, you will get a phone signal to call the emergency. If you use Bangladeshi TeleTalk SIM, we’ll get better coverage in a remote area like Kotka.
- The chance of seeing tigers is very rare in the Sundarbans. The lucky one gets the chance of it.
- Make yourself silent for the boat trip or walking into the forest. The best way to explore Sundarban is to keep silent and look.