Visit the ancient capital Sonargaon, a historic administrative, commercial, and maritime center of Bengal in the Pre-Muslim, Muslim, and British periods. There is not a better or more exhilarating way to see the scenic majesty of the countryside. You board on our wooden boat to absorb the sights while experiencing the surprisingly peaceful sensation of being on the river. This is the only exciting way to discover Bangladesh. You stop on Island Villages, bazaars, see the real lifestyle. See the remaining of old capital, Abandoned Panam City, Folklore Museum, River, and the lifestyles based on the river. The old city and the traditions displayed in the museum, the river life, bazaar, the people and the boat cruise on the river will satisfy you for the whole day.
Full day (8 hours)
Sonargaon, Panam Nagar , Meghna River
- Sonargaon Folklore Museum
- Panam City
- Meghna River Cruise
- Visiting islands & people
Tour Available :
Round the year.
Best time to go:
Round the year.
- Visit the abandoned Panam city.
- Visit folklore museum (Ishakha Palace).
- Enjoy the river cruise with a country boat.
- Walk on the island and the riverside villages and experience the lifestyle.
Day 1 : Sonargaon , Panam Nagar & Meghna River.
- At around 8:00 am-8:30 am, starting off the tour from your hotel or residence. Our responsible guide will pick you up with the car and start toward for Baidder Bazar (bank of Meghna river).
- Immediately, our boat cruise will start in the Meghna river.
- After an hour of a journey, visit a village & a school, based on the island and free with the people. Know their ordinary lifestyle and explore some peanut, vegetable gardens on the bank of the river.
- Back to the Baidder Bazar, leave the boat for a local restaurant, and have lunch.
- After lunch, we will visit the abandoned Panam city from the early 20th century. There's more than 40 ruined buildings in a row are too impressive.
- Visit the Sonargaon folklore museum (folk arts & crafts museum) and introduce yourself with the old tradition from the pre-Muslim period to the Bangladesh period.
- In the evening, driving back to Dhaka and an end to your place.
Price for the tour (Per Person)
- Air-conditioned car and driver for the whole day.
- English-speaking guide.
- All entrance fees during the trip.
- Lunch on local restaurant with quality food.
- Wooden boat for the river cruise
- One bottle mineral water.
- Personal expenses.
- Food not mentioned above.
- Timing and gradualism for the places are flexible; we could change it because of traffic during the tour.
- Bengali local food is spicy. Plain rice, fish & meat is available everywhere. Biriyani & khichuri made of rice, meat and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka and available in restaurants.
- Folklore museum is closed on Wednesdays & Thursdays.