Bangladesh is a country considerably rich in archaeological wealth, particularly of the primitive period, both during the Muslim and pre-Muslim rules. Though most of it is still unexplored and unknown, many travelers express their impressions glorifying these places. At present, there are several sites in Bangladesh where you can still see some of those relics. North Bengal is a prior area allocated by the most of archeological sites like UNESCO world heritage Paharpur, Kantajee temple, Puthia temple complex, Choto Sona mosque in Gaud, ruins of Mahasthangarh & many more places. In this tour, we’ll cover all the sites of Rajshahi, Chapai Nawabganj, Puthia, Rangpur, Dinajpur, Paharpur, Bogra & Rajbari regions.
5 Nights / 6 Days
Natore, Rajshahi, Puthia, Chapai Nawabganj, Dinajpur, Rangpur, Paharpur & Bogra.
- Paharpur Buddhist Bihar
- Puthia Temple City
- Kantajee Temple
- Natore Rajbari
- Silk City Rajshahi
- Kusumba Mosque
- Choto Sona Mosque (Gaur)
- Darasbari Mosque
- Khania Dighi Mosque
- Tajhat Palace
- Ranpur Suger Mill
- Navaratna Temple Hatikumrul
Tour Available :
Round the year.
Best time to go:
Round the year.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Paharpur Buddhist Bihar.
- Visit Famous Kantajee Temple in Dinajpur, Rangpur.
- Explore the temple city Puthia covered by many temples Including Govinda Temple, Shiva Temple, Jagannath Temple, Bara Anik Temple, Pancharatna, Puthia Rajbari, and Natore Rajbari.
- Visit Rajshahi Varendra Research Museum, enjoy the sunset at the Ganges in the silk city Rajshahi.
- Visit famous Choto Sona Mosque, Tahkhana complex, Darasbari Mosque, Khania Dighi Mosque in Guad (Chapai Nawabganj) & the famous Kusumba mosque in Rajshahi.
- Explore Mahasthangarh, a ruins from 3rd Century in Bogra.
- Visit Tajhat Palace & Sugar Mill at Rangpur & traditional Navaratna Temple in Hatikumrul.
- Enjoy a boat cruise on Jamuna River on the last day.
Next Scheduled Tour:
- To be declared
Day 1 : Natore Rajbari, Puthia Temple City & Rajshahi.
- Early in the morning, leave Dhaka from your hotel/airport for a scenic drive of 5.30 hrs through the picturesque rural landscape to Natore.
- Visit Natore Rajbari, the oldest and largest among the two biggest Rajbari in the region.
- Continue to drive toward Puthia and have lunch in a local restaurant.
- Visit the temple city Puthia, renowned for the largest number of historically important Hindu structures in Bangladesh. The Shiva Temple in Puthia is the largest Hindu temple in Bangladesh. The Govinda Temple, decorated with intricate terracotta designs, is in one of the country’s finest old Rajbari courtyard.
- After, drive to Rajshahi and check into the hotel.
- Enjoy sunset at Ganges River besides Rajshahi City.
- Dinner and overnight staying at Rajshahi.
Day 2 : Mosque City Chapai Nawabganj & Rajshahi.
- After having breakfast, drive to Chapai Nawabganj to visit historical mosques. On the way find all the places covered by mango gardens, especially the Khirsa mango got GI recognition by UNESCO in 2019.
- Visit Choto Sona Masjid (Gaur), a remarkably fine architectural specimen of the Sultanate Period.
- Visit Tahkhana (Persian), literally means a cold building or palace. A structure built on the west bank of a large tank situated in the Firozpur quarters of the city of Gaur-Lakhnauti.
- Visit Darasbari Mosque, the largest mosque in the Bangladesh part of Gaur-Lakhnauti, now in ruins. The name Darasbari is derived from its being located within a Darasbari (place of lesson or learning).
- Visit Khania Dighi Mosque, one of those precious edifices of Bangladesh. The mosque was built during the 15th century. The four domes mosque is also known as Chamachika Masjid, Rajbibi Masjid, etc.
- Explore silk city Rajshahi. Visit a local silk production and watch the weaving, dyeing, block, and batik painting of this exclusive natural fiber.
- Visit the Varendra Research Museum and sunset on the Ganges River.
- Night stay at the hotel in Rajshahi.
Day 3 : Kusumba Mosque, Paharpur Buddhist Bihar & Mahasthangarh.
- After having breakfast, drive to Paharpur. Visit the famous Kusumba Mosque on the way, built during the Afgan ruling period in Bengal.
- Visit Paharpur Buddhist Bihar, dating back to the 8th century AD. the Sompura Mohavihara in Paharpur is considered the most impressive and important archaeological site in Bangladesh and recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was once the largest Buddhist monastery in the south of the Himalayas.
- Have lunch in a local restaurant in Joypurhat and continue to drive towards Bogra.
- Visit the oldest known city in Bangladesh, Mahasthangarh dating back to at least the 3rd century BC. The ruin of this place located only 14 km away from Bogra town. Today, the archaeological site consists mainly of foundations and hillocks hinting at past glory. In the Mahasthangarh Site Museum, an interesting collection of recovered pieces is on display.
- Visiting this place, continue to drive to Bogra, check-in to the hotel. Dinner & overnight stay in Bogra.
Day 4 : Kantajee Temple & Rangpur.
- After breakfast, drive for 2:30 hrs toward Dinajpur.
- Visit the Dinajpur Rajbari, a Hindu zamindar house built in the 18th century, one of the most striking historic buildings in North Bengal.
- Have lunch at a local restaurant and start again the journey for Kantajee Temple.
- Visit the famous Kantajee Temple, also known as Kantanagar Temple, the most spectacular Hindu temple and one of the most beautiful monuments in Bangladesh. Located at 25 km away from Dinajpur, this temple with infinite panels of intricately sculptured terra cotta plaques.
- In the evening, drive back to Rangpur and check into the hotel. Dinner & overnight stay at Rangpur.
Day 5 : Rangpur & Tajhat Palace.
- After taking breakfast, visit a Sugar mill, 20km away from Rangpur city and experience the processing.
- Walk into the village and explore vegetable fields & be free with the village people for a rural experience.
- Have lunch & visit Tajhat Palace, Kali Temple, and Carmichael College in Rangpur city and go back to the hotel in the evening.
- Dinner & overnight stay at Rangpur.
Day 6 : Navratna Temple & Cruise On Jamuna River.
- After taking breakfast, drive back to Dhaka. On the way, visit the beautiful Navratna Temple in Hatikumrul, Sirajganj. This is one of the finest Navratna style Temple.
- Drive to the Jamuna River & cruise on the river by a reserved boat.
- Have lunch in a roadside local restaurant in Sirajganj and start the journey again toward Dhaka.
- After a long road journey, arrive at Dhaka (your hotel/place) after evening (depends on traffic) and end the tour with wonderful experiences and memories.
Price for the tour (Per Person)
- Airport/hotel pickup and drop.
- All transportation like the air-conditioned car for the entire trip.
- All accommodation in 3-Star hotel or resort on a twin share basis. (Single supplement available)
- All Foods (main meals) during the tour at the local clean restaurant.
- All entrance fee during the trip.
- English speaking accompanied guide for the entire trip.
- Personal expenses.
- Timing and assembling for the places are flexible, it could be changed because of traffic during the tour.
- Bengali local food is spicy in nature. Plain Rice, Vegetables, Fish & Meat are available in restaurants. Biriyani & Khichuri made of Rice, lentil, meat, and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka also available in other cities. ( Non-spicy food is possible to order in some restaurants if you like)
- Modest clothes are required to visit inside of any mosque. Shorts are not allowed for the purpose and especially, women have to cover the hair and arms with the cloths.