Explore the land & people with coverage of all popular places in Bangladesh including all UNESCO world heritage sites. Unleash the hidden treasure and enjoy the culture & hospitable people with this holiday package.
Start your exploration from Dhaka City, the most resonant place to experience with a lot of historical monuments. Enjoy an overnight ship journey from Dhaka to Barishal. Experience the true beauty of Bangladesh in Barishal Backwater and floating markets area. Visit the historical mosque city of Bagerhat, the place of Sixty Dome Mosque (World Heritage). Make an excursion to the largest Mangrove forest Sundarbans (World Heritage)- the only place for the man-eating tigers. Next few days, visit north Bengal covered by rich archaeological monuments & ruins like Paharpur Buddhist Bihar (World Heritage), Beautiful Hindu temples, and historical mosques from Mughal & Medieval periods. After, explore the tea capital Srimangal & Sylhet covered by over 163 tea gardens, pineapple gardens, rainforest, beautiful lakes- rivers, and canals.
Road to the Chittagong, visit the old capital Sonargaon and archaeological Mainamati to know the ancient Bengal. Hike on the hills, and make a cruise on Kaptai Lake. Meeting different indigenous ethnic people groups, and learning their weaving techniques are lifestyles are so unique in the Chittagong Hill Tracts. At last, spend your leisure time on the longest sea beach Cox’s Bazar. Visit Bangladesh once for a lifetime memory.
19 Nights / 20 Days
Dhaka, Sonargaon, Mainamati, Rajshahi, Paharpur, Bogra, Barishal, Bagerhat, Sundarban, Sylhet, Srimangal, Chittagong, Bandarban, Rangamati & Cox’s Bazaar.
Dhaka & Around
⊕ New & old Dhaka ⊕ Old capital Sonargaon ⊕ Mainamati Comilla
⊕Backwater Cruise ⊕ Floating Bazaar ⊕ Village beauty.
⊕ Sixty Dome Mosque ⊕ Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali ⊕ Nine Dome Mosque & Kodla Math
⊕ Kochikhlai wildlife sanctuary ⊕ Kotka wildlife sanctuary ⊕ Harbaria Eco-tourism center ⊕ Jamtola sea-beach ⊕ Fishing village ⊕ Karamjal crocodile breeding center
Paharpur, Bogra & Rajshahi
⊕ Paharpur Buddhist Bihar ⊕ Puthia Temple City ⊕ Rajshahi ⊕ Mahasthangarh ⊕ Kusumba Mosque ⊕ Navaratna Temple Hatikumrul
Sylhet & Srimangal
⊕ Tea plantations, pineapple, lemon & rubber gardens ⊕ Monipuri & Khasia community villages ⊕ Lawachara rain forest ⊕ Madhabpur dam ⊕ Madhabkunda waterfall ⊕ Jaflong zero point ⊕ Tamabil, Lalakhal & Bichanakandi ⊕ Shrine of Hazrat Shah Jalal & Shah Paran
Chittagong, Rangamati & Bandarban
⊕ Ship-breaking yard Chittagong ⊕ Tribal villages & bazaars ⊕ Tribal weaving factories & Floating market ⊕ Kaptai Lake ⊕ Hanging Bridge ⊕ Shuvolong waterfall ⊕ Rajban Vihar & Chakma King House ⊕ Golden Temple ⊕ Nilachal, Chimbuk & Nilgiri hill points ⊕ Hatia Bandha Tripura village ⊕ Shailaprapat
⊕ Saint Martin Island ⊕ Himchari & Inani sea-beaches ⊕ Fishing port ⊕ Maheshkhali Island ⊕ Ramu & Rakhine Buddhist Temple ⊕ Adinath Temple ⊕ Chera Island.
Tour Available :
Round the year.
Best time to go:
October to March
- Visit all 3 UNESCO world heritage sites and the best of all famous & popular places in Bangladesh.
- Visit Largest Mangrove forest in the world & UNESCO world heritage Sundarban with an exploration of 3 days inside the deep forest.
- Visit the longest unbroken sandy sea-beach in the world Cox’s Bazar with Saint Martin island and enjoy your holiday.
- Visit all the major archeological sites in Bangladesh.
- Visit Chittagong hill tracts and experience the existing tribal life in Bangladesh.
- Visit Tea capital Sylhet & Srimangal and feel the nature.
- Enjoy the famous Rocket Paddle Steamer cruise and experience the riverain Bangladesh.
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sixty Dome Mosque in Bagerhat including 2 other places.
- Visit UNESCO world heritage Paharpur Sompura Mohavihara (Buddhist Bihar) and Mahasthangarh in Bogra.
- Visit all Hindu temples in temple city Puthia, Kusumba Mosque and beautiful Navaratna Temple in Rajshahi, Bogra & Sirajganj district.
- Visit the tea capital Srimangal & Sylhet covered by over 163 tea gardens and known as green carpet of Bangladesh. Walk inside the tea gardens, rubber, pineapple & lemon gardens, enjoy Seven Layer tea on traditional tea stall ‘Neel Kantha’.
- Adventure on Lawachara rain forest, the national reserved forest with lots of birds, animals and rare trees.
- Visit Madhabpur dam, Madhabkunda waterfall, Hazrat Shahjalal & Hazrat Shah Pran Shrine, Jaflong zero point, Manipuri & Khasia community people in Srimangal & Sylhet.
- Visit old capital Sonargaon, Museum, Panam city and archeological Mainamati a place covered by World War 2 cemetery, Shalban Vihara and Lalmai Hill range.
- Visit Shipbreaking yard at Chittagong and hike on hill tracts in Rangamati & Bandarban.
- Meet 13 indigenous communities exist in Chittagong division.
- Explore the tribal villages, weaving factories & tribal bazaars in Rangamati and Bandarban including Tripura, Bawm, Marma & Murong villages.
- Enjoy the boat cruise on Kaptai Lake in Rangamati & Sangu River in Bandarban.
- Visit the biggest tribal floating market Bonorupa, Hanging Bridge, Rajban Vihar & Chakma King house in Rangamati.
- Visit Nilachal, Chmbuk & Nilgiri hill point in Bandarban, and enjoy the view of hilly territory.
- Spend some relax time at Shailaprapat in Bandarban and Shuvolong Waterfall in Rangamati.
- Spend your best days at longest sea-beach in the world Cox’s Bazaar and coral island Saint Martin.
- Visit Maheshkhali Island, himchari & Inanai and feel the beauty of ocean.
Day 1 : Arrival at Dhaka
- Arrive at Dhaka Airport. Our guide will meet you and transfer you to the hotel for the night's stay. Have rest for the day. Or let's make an introduction to Dhaka city by a Rickshaw ride.
Day 2 : Dhaka City and Overnight Ship Journey
- Around 8:00 am-8:30 am, start the tour from your hotel or residence. Our responsible guide will pick you up in the car. Start with KawranbazarVegetable Market, the biggest bazaar in Dhaka. Visit the outside view of the National Assembly (Parliament Building), the largest legislative complex in the world designed by famous American architect Louis Kahn.
- Visit Curzon hall, Dhakeswari Temple, the national Hindu temple of Bangladesh built by Ballal Sen in the 12th century.
- Head to Lalbagh Fort, a key attraction for tourists. It’s an incomplete construction of the Mughal period in the 17th century started by Subahdar Muhammad Azam Shah. Visit Star Mosque, Armenian Church at Armanitola, and have your lunch.
- After, we will visit the famous Ahsan Manzilalso known as Pink Palace in Sadarghat. It was the official residential palace of Nawab in Dacca in the 19th century. We will go to Sadarghat River Port by walking for 5 min (or by car) on a busy street. Experience the floating people and trading boats in the iconic Buriganga River. Enjoy a small boat ride to cross the river. Shipbreaking activities are interesting there for photography.
- We will accommodate ourselves on the modern ship. Enjoy the overnight ship journey to Barishal.
- Dinner & Night stay at the ship cabin.
Day 3 : Beautiful Barishal, Historic Mosque city of Bagerhat and Mongla.
- The ship will arrive in Barishal very early in the morning. We will depart from the ship to start our car journey to Banaripara. Our awaiting country boat will start cruising through the river. This is a wonderful moment when it goes through the tiny canals. The village's beauty and people's lifestyle will definitely impress you.
- We will visit some floating markets by country boat including the famous Guava market (August). Mostly the vendors come to buy fruits and vegetables from the wholesaler. Don't forget to have some fresh fruit there.
- After, we will drive towards Bagerhat to visit the Sixty Dome Mosque which is one of the UNESCO world heritage sites in Bangladesh. Visit the Shrine of Khan Jahan Ali, who built more than a dozen mosques in Bagerhat including the Sixty Dome Mosque. Nine Dome Mosque, Singair Mosque, and Kodla Mauth are also on our bucket list.
- We will check into the hotel Pashur in Mongla. Have lunch and rest for a while or visit the nearby river ghat and the bazaars.
- Dinner and the overnight stay at Mongla.
Day 4 : Sundarbans National Forest.
- Early in the morning, our Sundarbans journey will start. Get your accommodation and breakfast on the boat.
- After the journey of two hours, the boat will stop at the Chadpai forest office to complete the formalities and to pick up an armed forest guard for security.
- We’ll cruise to visit Harbaria eco-center, a popular spot for Sundarbans. It 30 minutes of walking through the sanctuary.
- We will cruise again through the deep forest. Experience the silence of the largest mangrove. In the evening, we’ll anchor our boat near the Kochikhali Forest office. If time permits, we will make a small boat cruise through the canals.
- Overnight stay in Kochikhali.
Day 5 : Kochikhali & Kotka Wildlife Sanctuaries, Sea Beach and deep forest walking.
- Today is our biggest day on the Sundarbans. Very early in the morning, we will start with a boat trip through the small creeks. Spot wildlife especially different species of birds. The morning sound will satisfy you. At a point, we’ll get off the small boat for a long walk into the forest office area.
- We will cruise for Kotka. It takes 2 hours to reach Kotka station. On this journey, you’ll see wildlife including deers, crocodiles, birds, otters, and Bengal monitors.
- We need an hour of walking to visit Jamtola Sea beach. This is an adventurous journey through the deep forest. It's the Bay of Bengal which is our destination.
- After lunch, visit the Kotka wildlife sanctuary area. This is the major point to see the group of deers. We will take enough time to explore the sanctuary and enjoy the sunset on the beach.
- Then, we’ll start the journey back. We will anchor the boat at the middle point of Sundarban in Chadpai/Jaimoni. Enjoy B-B-Q Dinner on the boat and make the day fulfilled.
Day 6 : Sundarbans Fishing Village and Khulna.
- Early in the morning, we will make a small boat trip through the small creeks.
- We will visit a fishing village today. The village also produces a lot of Shimp firms. Meet people to know their lifestyle. Spend an enjoyable moment with happy children.
- After lunch, make yourself ready to depart from the boat. We will start the car journey to Khulna.
- Overnight at the hotel in Khulna.
Day 7 : Train journey to Rajshahi & Puthia Temple City.
- Early in the morning, we will take the train to Rajshahi (6:00 am). Experience the local train journey through the beautiful landscape. We will check into the hotel first.
- After lunch, visit the temple city Puthia, renowned for the largest number of historically important Hindu structures in Bangladesh. The Shiva Temple is the largest such Hindu temple in this region. The Govinda Temple, decorated with intricate terracotta designs is in one of the country’s finest old Rajbari courtyards.
- We will spend the sunset time on the Ganges (Padma) river bank.
- Overnight staying at Rajshahi.
Day 8 : Sompura Mohaviahara at Paharpur, Kushumba Mosque and ruins of ancient city Mahasthangarh.
- Today, we will drive to Paharpur to visit our third World Heritage site. The green vegetable-fruit fields are amazing to stop for a while. Especially the betel leaf gardens are interesting to have photographed. On the way, visit the famous Kusumba Mosque, built during the Afgan rule in Bengal.
- Finally, we will visit Paharpur Buddhist Bihar, dating from the 8th century AD. It's also known as Sompura Mohavihara which is the most impressive archaeological site in Bangladesh also recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was once the largest Buddhist monastery in the south of the Himalayas.
- After lunch, we will drive to Bogra. Visit the oldest known city in Bangladesh Mahasthangarh, dating back to at least the 3rd century BC. Today, the archaeological site consists mainly of foundations and hillocks hinting at past glory. In the Mahasthangarh site museum, an interesting collection of recovered pieces is on display. The Behula Bashor Ghor is a key site to visit in Mahasthangarh.
- We will spend the evening at Vasua Vihara Buddhist ruins. The sunset from this place will refill you with the beauty of the rural landscape.
- Overnight in Bogra.
Day 9 : Vegetable Bazaar, Jamuna River Cruise, Navaratna Temple & Dhaka.
- In the morning, we will visit the biggest vegetable bazaar in Bogra. The trading experience and fresh vegetables are satisfactory.
- After, we will drive to Jamuna River to enjoy a river cruise after visiting the beautiful Navaratna Temple in Sirajganj. This is the second largest Navaratna-style temple in Bangladesh after Kantajew Temple.
- We will arrive in Dhaka in the evening.
- Have your dinner before halting for the night's stay in Dhaka.
Day 10 : Sreemangal Tea Estates, Madhabpur Lake and Manipuri Para.
- Around 7:00, our responsible guide will meet you. We will start a drive toward Srimangal for 4:30 hrs approximately.
- On arrival, visit the nearest tea gardens. If we get the chance will visit the tea factory where you can see the processing of making drinkable tea.
- We will drive to visit the Madhabpur dam (lake) covered by small hills and tea gardens. We will stop at some pineapple and rubber gardens on the way back.
- We will go to the Manipuri Tribal community village. Learn their present lifestyles and weaving method of their own traditional clothes. Mostly they are living a modern lifestyle nowadays.
- Taste the famous ‘7 layer tea’ in a tea stall called Neel Kantho in the evening. We will stop for the day in Sreemangal.
Day 11 : National Rainforest of Lawachara, Birdwatching in Baikka Beel and Sylhet.
- Early in the morning, get ready to visit the Lawachara National Park. It is the last remaining tropical rainforest in this country. Also, home to a large variety of rare and endangered species, the most prominent of which are the Hallock Gibbons.
- After, we will drive to Baikka Beel wetland for watching birds. This is the place of thousand of migrated birds in winter.
- Spending some time, have lunch, and drive to Sylhet. On the way, you’ll see many tea gardens, rubber plantations, and wetlands (Hoar)
- In the evening, we will be in Sylhet city. Visit the Shrines of two Muslim Sufis, Kean Bridge on the Surma river before sunset.
- Overnight in Sylhet.
Day 12 : Jaflong Zero Point and Dhaka.
- Today will drive to Jaflong Zero Point- a border part of Bangladesh with India. The small hills and water flow from the Himalayas create a beautiful landscape. Apart from that, this is a place for stone collecting. Thousands of workers collect stones from the river which is an ideal place for photography. After visiting Tamabilarea, we will start driving towards Dhaka.
- Overnight in Dhaka.
Day 13 : Old Capital Sonargaon, Mainamati - Lalmai Monumnets & Chittagong.
- Start from Dhaka early in the morning. We will visit the old capital Sonargaon, Panam City & the Folklore museum- the center of commerce in the Muslim period of Bengal.
- After we will drive for an hour to Mainamati, Comilla to visit the Cemetery of World War 2-the graveyard of soldiers who died on the Myanmar front.
- Drive to an archaeological camp where the Salban Vihara and the museum are located. After lunch, we will continue driving toward Chittagong.
- Overnight in Chittagong.
Day 14 : Shipbreaking in Chittagong & Rangamati
- After having breakfast, visit the largest Ship-breaking yard by boat in Kumira, 30 minutes driving distance from the city. A boat cruise through the river and your telelens will help to get better photos. We will drive towards Rangamati after visiting World War Cemetery, Rickshaw Workshop, and Famous Bayezid Bostami
- In the afternoon, visit Bonorupa Tribal Market & Iconic Bridge of Rangamati.
- Overnight in Rangamati.
Day 15 : Mystery of Kaptai Lake, Shuvolong Waterfall, King houses & Villages.
- Today, we will start the cruise on Kaptai Lake. This is the largest manmade lake in Bangladesh.
- We will visit Rajban Vihar & Chakma King's house while cruising. There are many Buddhist temples on the hills inside the lake. The lake near the Shuvolong Waterfall is wonderful. It's a refreshing day for landscape lovers. We will visit an island tribal village to make a short hike. We will have lunch at the lakeside tribal restaurants today.
- In the evening, visit the nearest tribal markets. Overnight in Rangamati.
Day 16 : Golden Temple & Tribal Village in Bandarban.
- Today, we will start driving to Bandarban after visiting some weaving factories and the Asham Bosti area.
- In Bandarban, our first visit will be to the Golden Temple (Buddha Dhatu Jadi) before lunch.
- In the afternoon, we are ready for a short hike inside a beautiful village. Visit Hatiabandha Tripura Village, the only place where Tripura indigenous people live in this region. This village is located down the hills. This is truly a memorable place.
- Enjoy the sunset and scenic beauty of the hills at Nilachal.
- Overnight in Bandarban.
Day 17 : A journey through the Tribal Villages, hill points and Sleeping Buddha in Cox’s Bazar.
- Today is our big day. We will drive to the Chimbuk area to visit some unique tribal villages of the Murong People. These villages are truly unique and different from the modern tribes. Meet the tribal community, and know their lifestyle and weaving techniques.
- We will have a cup of coffee with a wonderful landscape view from Nilgiri.
- After, we will visit Shailaprapat and Bawm Village. After lunch and drive towards Cox’s Bazar. Visit Sleeping Buddha Temple in Ramu on the way. Enjoy the sunset on the beach.
- Overnight in Cox’s Bazar.
Day 18 : Maheshkhali Island, Fishing villages & Temples.
- After breakfast, take a boat ride and go to Maheshkhali Island, one of the popular places. Visit Rakhine Buddhist Temple, Adinath temple and spend some time on the island. Visit a fishing port where fishers unload the fishes from deep sea. We will visit a dry fish village which is photogenic.
- Spend a free afternoon on the beach.
- Overnight in Cox’s Bazar.
Day 19 : Marine drive to Himchari-Inani Sea beaches and flying Dhaka.
- After breakfast, we will enjoy the marine drive to Himchari & Inani Sea beach. Himchari is the place to enjoy the hilly beauties and the waves of the vast sea. Relax with the sound of waves and feel your inside.
- Spend quality time on Inani Sea beach, which longs for 18 km. It has a lot of coral stones that look black and green. The blue water and the lines of stones are the main sources of attraction for tourists. The clean blue & shark-free water is ideal for bathing and swimming with no fear.
- After lunch, we will drive to Cox’s Bazar airport.
- Fly to Dhaka and check into the hotel for the night's stay.
Day 20 : Departure
- Your Bangladesh trip will be over today. We will drop you at Dhaka Airport. Fly with wonderful experiences and memories.
- Airport pickup and drops.
- All Accommodation in 3 stars hotels or resorts on a twin share basis. (Upgrades of accommodation and single supplements are available)
- All transportation like the air-conditioned car, Tuk-tuk, Ship cabin, air, and small boats as per itinerary.
- All meals at local restaurants with quality food and mineral water for drinking.
- 1st class cabin bed on the ship for Dhaka to Hularhat.
- 1st class train ticket for Khulna to Rajshahi.
- 24X7 Tea or coffee for the Sundarbans trip.
- 10,500 TK forest revenue & Forest Gaurd for the Sundarban trip.
- All permissions, Entry fees, and tax for the entire trip.
- English-speaking guide for the entire trip.
- Timing and assembling for the places are flexible; we could change them because of traffic or timing during the tour. But we will cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bengali local food is spicy. Plain rice, vegetables, fish & meat are available in restaurants. Biriyani & Khichuri made of Rice, lentils, meat, and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka also available in other cities. (Non-spicy food is possible to order at most of the restaurants if you like.)
- It requires modest clothes to visit any mosque. It does not allow shorts for the purpose, and especially, women have to cover their hair and arms with clothes.
- The dress of shorts is not a problem in Sundarban, Srimangal area.
- Ahsan Manzil is closed on Thursday and opens Fridays after 3:00 pm. Lalbagh Fort is closed on Sundays and open on Mondays after 2:00 pm.
- The itinerary could be changed because of tides, daylight hours, moon phase, and weather. But we always try to cover all the mentioned places.
- The small boats are best for the Sundarban cruise. We organize a private basis tour with the accommodation of 4-10 people by these boats. The room size is quite smaller, no running hot water, electricity is supplied by the battery, and a small generator to charge up the electrical devices. But it’s comfortable to spend days with the facilities.
- We make the food on the boat by the experienced chef during the trip.
- The quantity of mosquitoes is more sometimes. You must carry the mosquito repellent for the trip.
- No phone signal works inside the deeper forest, but at some point, you will get a phone signal to call an emergency. If you use Bangladeshi TeleTalk SIM, we’ll get better coverage in a remote area like Kotka.
- The chance of seeing tigers is very rare in the Sundarbans. The lucky one gets the chance of it.
- Make yourself silent for the boat trip or walking into the forest. The best way to explore Sundarban is to keep silent and look.
Rangamati & Bandarban
- There are many police and army checkpoints in Bandarban & Rangamati. Stop for the data entry and show the passports (if needed) for security. They will help you for the entire trip.