In this full-day tour, we’ll take you to a remote village in Dhamrai in the outskirt of Dhaka to visit a metal crafts workshop where they make brass and bronze statues in ancient lost-wax technique, and a pottery village where all of them make pottery from many of their generations. You will also visit a mysterious palace at Manikganj which is one of the finest specimens of 19th-century monuments of the renaissance colonial style in Bangladesh, containing over 200 rooms of various shapes and dimensions. On the way back to Dhaka you’ll visit National Martyrs Monument in Savar built to pay tribute to the people who were killed during the liberation war of Bangladesh in 1971. This is a tour where you can learn about the traditional life of Bangladeshi people and history of this country.
Full day (8 hours)
Dhamrai, Manikgong & Savar.
- Pottery Village
- Brass Workshop
- Baliati Zamindar Palace, Manikganj
- National Martyrs Memorial.
Tour Available :
Round the year.
Best time to go:
Round the year.
- Visit a metal crafts workshop (Brass village) and experience the life of artisans.
- Visit a pottery village and experience their art of making.
- Learn how to make pottery and try yourself to make one.
- Opportunities to buy some pottery and brass from the village.
- Visit Baliati Zamindar Palace at Manikganj.
- Visit Martyr's monuments (National Memorial) at Savar.
Day 1 : Brass-Pottery Village, Manikgonj & Savar
- In around 8:00 am-8:30 am, Starting of the tour from your hotel or residence. Our responsible guide will pick you up with the car and start toward Dhamrai.
- Visit a brass metal workshop village and walk through the village.
- Visit a pottery village and observe the processing, talk to the artists, and make yourself free to spend a good time.
- We’ll drive for the Baliati Zamindar Palace at Shaturia, Manikganj. This is one of the finest specimens of 19th century monuments of the Renaissance colonial style in Bangladesh, containing over 200 rooms of various shapes and dimensions.
- Have lunch at a local restaurant and after, visit National Memorial (Martyrs Monuments) at Savar.
- In the evening, driving back to Dhaka and back to your place with experiences.
Price for the tour (Per Person)
- Air-conditioned car and driver for the whole day.
- English-speaking guide.
- All entrance fees during the trip.
- Lunch on local restaurant with quality food.
- One bottle mineral water
- Personal expenses.
- Food not mentioned above.
- Timing and gradualism for the places are flexible; we could change it because of traffic during the tour.
- Bengali local food is spicy. Plain rice, Fish & meat is available everywhere. Biriyani & Khichuri made of rice, meat and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka and available in restaurants.