Sylhet & Srimangal are the tea capital of Bangladesh also called green carpet or tea mountain. There are over 163 tea estates in this region, including the largest one in the world. The terraced tea garden, pineapple, rubber, and lemon plantations form a beautiful landscape. The last remaining tropical rainforest is Lawachara. The small tract of dense forests is heaven for birdwatchers, naturalists, and adventure seekers. Explore the tea gardens, Cruise on Lala Khal, and make adventures in the rainforest and Ratargul Swamp forest to make your holiday perfect. Watching birds on Baikka Beel, Photography on Jaflong zero point, and Shrines of the city and the tribal communities are interesting for this visit.
3 Nights / 4 Days
- Tea gardens
- Lawachara rain forest
- Madhabpur dam
- Baikka Beel
- Jaflong Zero Point
- Ratargul Swamp Forest
- Shrines of Hazrat Shah Jalal & Shah Paran
- Manipuri - Khasia Community
- Pineapple, Lemon & Rubber Garden
- Lalakhal Cruise
Tour Available :
Round the Year
Best time to go:
April to November
- Visit the tea capital Srimangal & Sylhet covered by around 163 tea gardens.
- Walk through the tea, rubber, pineapple & lemon gardens.
- Enjoy famous seven-layer tea on traditional tea stall ‘Neel Kantha’.
- Adventure on Lawachara rain forest, the national reserved forest with lots of birds, animals, and rare trees.
- Make an adventure in Ratargul Swamp forest. Experience the floating forest and the wild snakes.
- Visit the Madhabpur dam covered by small hills, Meet Manipuri & Khashia people
- Visit Hazrat Shahjalal & Hazrat Shah Pran Shrine, two famous Sufi Muslim figures in the region.
- Enjoy a wonderful cruise on Lala Khal.
Day 1 : Sreemangal Tea Estates, Madhabpur Lake and Manipuri Para
- Around 7:00, our responsible guide will meet you. We will start a drive toward Srimangal for 4:30 hrs approximately.
- On arrival, visit the nearest tea gardens. If we get the chance will visit the tea factory where you can see the processing of making drinkable tea.
- We will drive to visit the Madhabpur dam (lake) covered by small hills and tea gardens. We will stop at some pineapple and rubber gardens on the way back.
- We will go to the Manipuri Tribal community village. Learn their present lifestyles and weaving method of their own traditional clothes. Mostly they are living a modern lifestyle nowadays.
- Taste the famous ‘7 layer tea’ in a tea stall called Neel Kantho in the evening. We will stop for the day in Sreemangal.
Day 2 : National Rainforest of Lawachara, Birdwatching in Baikka Beel and Sylhet.
- Early in the morning, get ready to visit the Lawachara National Park. It is the last remaining tropical rainforest in this country. Also, home to a large variety of rare and endangered species, the most prominent of which are the Hallock Gibbons.
- After, we will drive to Baikka Beel wetland for watching birds. This is the place of thousand of migrated birds in winter.
- Spending some time, have lunch and drive to Sylhet. On the way, you’ll see many tea gardens, rubber plantations, and wetlands (Hoar)
- In the evening, we will be in Sylhet city. Visit the Shrines of two Muslim Sufis, Kean Bridge on the Surma river before sunset.
- Overnight in Sylhet.
Day 3 : jaflong Zero Point, Wonderful Lala Khal in Sylhet.
- Today, we will start with a wonderful cruise on Lala Khal. Two hours of a refreshing cruise on blue water will let us see the Indian border.
- We will drive to Jaflong Zero Point- a border part of Bangladesh with India. The small hills and water flow from the Himalayas create a beautiful landscape. Apart from that, this is a place for stone collecting. Thousand of workers collect stones from the river which is an ideal place for photography.
- After lunch, we will Tamabil and Jainta area to meet Khasia tribals.
- Overnight in Sylhet City.
Day 4 : Ratargul Swamp forest and journey back to Dhaka.
- Today we will make a boat ride to explore Ratargul Swamp Forest. The flooded trees and the wild snakes are adventurous. This place is beautiful during the rainy season.
- After visiting Lakkaura Tea garden, we will drive towards Dhaka.
- Arrive in Dhaka and finish your holiday.
Price for the tour (Per Person)
- All transportation like an air-conditioned car and other vehicles or ride for the entire trip.
- All Accommodation in 3 stars hotels or resorts on a twin share basis. (Upgrades of hotels and single supplement is available)
- All meals at local standard restaurants and mineral water for drinking.
- English-speaking accompanied guide for the entire trip.
- All entrance fees during the trip.
- Personal expenses.
- Timing and assembling for the places are flexible; We could change them because of traffic during the tour.
- Bengali local food is spicy. Biriyani & Khichuri made of rice, lentil, meat, and special spices is the famous food of old Dhaka and are available in other cities. (Non-spicy food is also possible to order at most of the restaurants).
- The short dresses are not a problem in the Srimangal area.