Mainamati in Comilla is one of the finest archaeological camp in Bangladesh covered by many historical ruins. “War Cemetery” where you can see the graveyard of the soldiers died in the Myanmar front during the world war-2, Salban Vihara, excavated Buddhist remains of 7th century all the way along the North-south running Lalmai-Hill range and the museum are the places of interest for the history lovers. The journey will take the two-and-a-half hours’ time from Dhaka. Upon arrival we will visit War Cemetery and gradually Museum, Shalban vihara and Lalmai. We’ll also cover Old capital Sonargaon and Panam Nagar in this day. So enjoy the day with the historical journey of Bangladesh.
Full day (8 hours)
- War Cemetery of World War 2
- Shalban Bihara
- Mainamati Museum
- Lalmai Hill Range
- Old capital Sonargaon
- Panam Nagar
Tour Available :
Round the year.
Best time to go:
Round the year.
- Visit the War Cemetery of World War 2.
- Visit Shalban vihara the Buddhist ruins of the 7th century.
- Visit the museum and know the history.
- Visit the Lalmai Hill range, the Buddhist settlement of 8th and 12th century CE.
- Visit the old capital Sonargaon & Panam Nagar.
Day 1 : Mainamati, Comilla
- Around 7:00, Starting of the tour from your hotel or residence. Our responsible guide will pick you up with the car and start toward Mainamati, Comilla.
- Upon arrival, we’ll visit War Cemetery of World War 2-the graveyard of soldiers died in Myanmar front.
- Drive to Archaeological camp where the Salban Vihara, a 7th-century Buddhist ruin and the museum.
- Visit Lalmai Hill range and see the excavated Buddhist remains of the 8th/9th Century.
- After having lunch at Miami Restaurant, we’ll drive back for Dhaka.
- On the way, we’ll visit the old capital Sonargaon & Panam Nagar- the centre of commerce in Muslim period of Bengal.
Price for the tour (Per Person)
- Air-conditioned car and driver for the whole day.
- English-speaking guide.
- Lunch on local restaurant with quality food.
- All entrance fee during the trip.
- One bottle mineral water.
- Personal expenses.
- Food not mentioned above.
- Timing and assembling for the places are flexible; we could change it because of traffic during the tour.
- Bengali local food is spicy. Biriyani & Khichuri made of Rice, lentil, meat and special spices are the famous food of old Dhaka and available in other cities.